35. 2 years ago I was writing this: 33. Last year I haven’t posted anything on my birthday as last year was a rather difficult period around this time of the year. 1 day before my birthday I lost one of my best friends and my birthday was not so funny.
This year I had nothing on mind, but running. Unfortunately running is not happening for me at this moment. However in terms of running I can say that it was a successful year.
Let me explain that for you.
- I managed to run much more than last year. That alone is an improvement
- I discovered what was the main issue bothering my running and I fixed it
- I am on my way to fix the problems that appeared after fixing the main problem
- I gain much more muscle flexibility in the last period
- I ran a 10k and a half marathon
- I improved my time for 10k with 4 minutes
- I met a lot of interesting people trough running, here in Romania
- I volunteered for 2 races: CiucasX3 and Sugas Race.
Connected to the last 2 points, there is one news that I kept it for myself till now.
The organising team for CiucasX3 is in the same team a team of amateur athletes. Runners, including ultra-marathoners, and triathlonists. And somewhere in November, I was invited to join the team, and that just came at the right time. Struggling with alternating pain moments with running moments I was a bit tired. So this opportunity came for me at the right time, giving me a boost of motivation.
So at this moment I am looking for a year full of running, I am expecting to be more intelligent in my training and my sports choices, and to have a blast together with my new cool team.